Wednesday 29th May: Valerie Falconer of Llandough, Penarth has won the caption competition. The French teacher and Pétanque player came up with this parts related caption:
Of course, we have to have a mudguard fitted behind the horse … although we don’t actually call it a MUDguard
The French for mud is ‘boue’ and not the word beginning with ‘m’…. Congratulations and thank you for entering. A new competition will be announced soon so keep checking the web site or our Facebook page.
1st Choice Spares Caption Competition
1st Choice Spares were so impressed at the popularity and quality of entries in their essay competition that they have decided to hold a caption competition! The prize is an Apple iPad Mini*.
All you need to do is come up with a caption about the image below.
We are looking for something funny, observant, or simply pro-recycling. Think of all those brand slogans that you have grown up with [you know the ones about ‘work, rest, and play’ and the like]: Could you do better?
This could be your chance at fame, or perhaps just making us all have a good laugh – or both. It is a free to enter competition. The closing date is Sunday 26th May in Great Britain.
To enter this competition, participants must submit their entry via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/1stChoiceSpares
Your entry must be in English and be your own work. Your entry must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition.
*16GB WiFi connection model.
The winner shall be notified by 3rd June, 2013 in Great Britain.
- There will be one prize. It will be an Apple iPad Mini, 16GB.
- The winning entry shall be that which in the sole opinion of the judges makes the most appropriate caption comment about the image published in the competition. Judges will particularly take into account key messages within the entries, as well as eloquence and style. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over on 1st March 2013 in Great Britain to be eligible for entry.
- The competition is limited to UK & ROI residents only.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- All entries must be received by midnight Sunday, May 26th, 2013 in Great Britain.
- No payment is required to participate in the competition (whether this is to enter the competition, or to find out if you have won, or to collect a prize).
- All entries must be written in English.
- Entrants may only submit one entry.
- Entries are liable for disqualification on the following criteria:
No date of birth is given.
The Entrant is aged younger than 18 on 1st March in Great Britain.
The entry is too long or too short in relation to the specified word count.
Evidence found of plagiarism.
- All entries become the property of 1st Choice Spares Ltd with the right to publish.
- Entries will not be returned.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the Entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission or posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- In the event of 1st Choice being unable to contact the winner or of the winner being unable to accept their prize, 1st Choice reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant who, in the opinion of the judges and in accordance with these terms and conditions, is the next best entry.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication. The prize is non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
The competition is run by 1st Choice Spares UK Ltd