Tuesday 7th January 20134: Jasmine Collier of Leigh in Lancashire has won the crossword competition. She was first out of the hat with all the correct answers. The married mother of 2 children and grandmother of 4, keen walker of her pet dog, said on hearing the news:
Thank you so much for your phone call, I am amazed to have won! A mini ipad is something I have wanted for a long time so I am really very excited to have won!
So congratulations to Jasmine, and thank you to all of you that entered. We are going to announce the next competition soon so check back in for details. The answers have now been put next to the clues.
1 Manual or automatic part of the transmission system  Gearbox
2 Explosive safety device  Airbag
4 A type of headgear perched above the engine?  Bonnet
5 Car reversed provides breakdown cover  RAC
3 Internal Combustion….  Engine
6 I am a wind and a car but not a game  Bora
7 Dormant British marque also found in Texas  Austin
8 Answer to 3 across Control Unit  ECU
9 Italian Automobile Factory of Turin translates into money declared as legal tender  Fiat
It is a free to enter competition. The closing date is Tuesday 31st December 2013 in Great Britain.
Guidance for entries:
The winner shall be notified by 7th January, 2014 in Great Britain.
There will be one prize. It will be an Apple iPad Mini, 16GB WiFi connection model.
- The winning entry shall be that which in the sole opinion of the judges has the correct solution to the crossword. In the case of a tie then the correct entries will go into a draw. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over on 1st September 2013 in Great Britain to be eligible for entry.
- The competition is limited to UK & ROI residents only.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- All entries must be received by midnight Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 in Great Britain.
- No payment is required to participate in the competition (whether this is to enter the competition, or to find out if you have won, or to collect a prize).
- All entries must be written in English.
- Entrants may only submit one entry.
- Entries are liable for disqualification on the following criteria:
No date of birth is given.
The Entrant is aged younger than 18 on 1st September 2013 in Great Britain.
Evidence found of plagiarism.
- All entries become the property of 1st Choice Spares Ltd with the right to publish.
- Entries will not be returned.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the Entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission or posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- In the event of 1st Choice being unable to contact the winner or of the winner being unable to accept their prize, 1st Choice reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant who, in the opinion of the judges and in accordance with these terms and conditions, is the next best entry.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication. The prize is non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.