Tuesday 17th September 2013: Will Blyth of Stratford-upon-Avon has won the car parts competition. He was first out of the hat with an answer of 23. The married, 33 yr old ex-game programmer, now a freelance media producer, said on hearing the news:
I had put off buying a tablet when most people I know have one, due to the tightening of purse-strings. I have never won anything before and to be receiving a free iPad mini is a wonderful change of fortune, and as I have come to rely on the internet will be sure to make my life much more convenient.
So congratulations to Will, and thank you to all of you that entered. Check back soon as we are going to announce the details of the next competition next week.
Have a look below at the poem that was entered into our essay competition. It has a great message about recycling spares and contains a number of references to parts of a car. All you need to do is count how many parts are contained in the poem and then choose your answer from the options given.
1.Why should people use recycled car parts?:
FASCIA to FUEL PUMP SUSPENSION to SEAT
Recycling car parts is right up my street.
No SHOCKS to the wallet and it’s greener to BOOT
And quite easy to source from this name of repute.
2. Why order new, when recycling’s the solution,
Less energy wasted and far less pollution.
Why melt down and crush and send to landfill
There are plenty more parts with use in them still.
3. It’s time we recycled and learned how to care,
We should see there’s still life left in many a spare
Recycling MATters, we must all play a part,
So let’s all work together, be green and be smart.
4. Just a call or a search and you’ll find what you need,
And the parts are good quality, that’s guaranteed.
There’s a countrywide network of dealers who care
Who are knowledgeable, helpful, efficient and fair
5. They stock myriad items, parts by the score,
WIPER MOTOR, REAR AXLE, GRILLE, RADIATOR, DOOR.
STARTER MOTOR, TRANSMISSION, AIR CON PUMP or TAILGATE,
They’re all ready and waiting, no main dealer, no wait.
6. So the next time your car needs a LIGHT or SPARE WHEEL
Don’t buy new when you could get a second hand deal.
There are lots of DISTRIBUTORS with quality spares
And you won’t BRAKE the bank funding motor repairs,
7. Audi or Mini, Isuzu or Merc,
ELECTRONICS, INTERIORS or new BODYWORK
For superlative service from a company who cares
Motor on over to 1ST CHOICE SPARES
and remember …..
8. Waste not want not’s the creed a Green thinker endorses
So let’s follow the road of conserving resources.*
It is a free to enter competition. The closing date is Tuesday 10th September 2013 in Great Britain.
Guidance for entries:
Count carefully and beware of a word within a word! To enter this competition, participants must submit their entry via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/1stChoiceSpares
The winner shall be notified by 17th September, 2013 in Great Britain.
- There will be one prize. It will be an Apple iPad Mini, 16GB WiFi connection model.
- The winning entry shall be that which in the sole opinion of the judges makes the most appropriate total of car parts contained in the competition. In the case of a tie then the correct entries will go into a draw. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over on 1st June 2013 in Great Britain to be eligible for entry.
- The competition is limited to UK & ROI residents only.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- All entries must be received by midnight Tuesday, September 10th, 2013 in Great Britain.
- No payment is required to participate in the competition (whether this is to enter the competition, or to find out if you have won, or to collect a prize).
- All entries must be written in English.
- Entrants may only submit one entry.
- Entries are liable for disqualification on the following criteria:
No date of birth is given.
The Entrant is aged younger than 18 on 1st June in Great Britain.
Evidence found of plagiarism.
- All entries become the property of 1st Choice Spares Ltd with the right to publish.
- Entries will not be returned.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the Entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission or posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- In the event of 1st Choice being unable to contact the winner or of the winner being unable to accept their prize, 1st Choice reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant who, in the opinion of the judges and in accordance with these terms and conditions, is the next best entry.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication. The prize is non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
* Essay competition entry by Mrs Annabelle Taylor
The competition is run by 1st Choice Spares UK Ltd