1st Choice Spares Mystery Used Part Competition Winner Announced
Tuesday 6th May 2014 Graham Ashworth of Oldham in Greater Manchester has won the competition. He was first out of the hat with the correct answer: Wiper Motor. Graham said on hearing the news:
After hearing the news about the win, I was over moon and could not have won a better prize!
Graham has won a pretty appropriate prize considering his interests:
• He has been hooked on the World Rally Championship after seeing Colin McRae and Richard Burns live.
• He has been going to the WRC (on and off) for over 20 years. • His favourite car is a WRC Subaru Impreza.
• His favourite TV show is Top Gear [Did he know the answer to the Viking Funeral clue below?].
So congratulations to Graham, and thank you to all of you that entered. We are going to announce the next competition soon so check back in for details. Oh, and the picture clue is still on the site here: https://www.1stchoice.co.uk/car-parts/chevrolet/lacetti/wiper-motor Easy,
Help for entries:
You need to choose from this list of 5 parts – what part is shown in the picture:
1. Wiper motor
To enter this competition, participants must submit their entry via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/1stChoiceSpares
To help you the image can be found on our website. Once you know the make and model you can quickly check out its associated parts pages. The clue to finding the make and model is: It is a reasonably priced car. It was the rebadged South Korean car that was given a ‘Viking Burial’ on a popular TV motoring show in 2010. A pity it wasn’t broken for parts – you could have had a cheap replacement wiper motor, heater blower motor, throttle body, car door lock mechanism, or alternator.
The winner shall be notified by 12th May, 2014 in Great Britain.
- There will be one prize. It will be a driving experience day at: http://www.udrivecars.com/escort-rwd-rally-exp-full-day-gravel.
- The winning entry shall be that which in the sole opinion of the judges chooses the most appropriate car parts from the list contained in the competition. In the case of a tie then the correct entries will go into a draw. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over on 1st February 2014 in Great Britain to be eligible for entry.
- The competition is limited to UK & ROI residents only.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- All entries must be received by midnight May 2nd, 2014 in Great Britain.
- No payment is required to participate in the competition (whether this is to enter the competition, or to find out if you have won, or to collect a prize).
- All entries must be written in English.
- Entrants may only submit one entry.
- Entries are liable for disqualification on the following criteria:
No date of birth is given.
The Entrant is aged younger than 18 on 1st February in Great Britain.
The entry is too long or too short in relation to the specified word count.
Evidence found of plagiarism.
- All entries become the property of 1st Choice Spares Ltd with the right to publish.
- Entries will not be returned.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the Entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission or posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- In the event of 1st Choice being unable to contact the winner or of the winner being unable to accept their prize, 1st Choice reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant who, in the opinion of the judges and in accordance with these terms and conditions, is the next best entry.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication. The prize is non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- The prize voucher must be used before 6th December 2014.
- There are restrictions applied to the prize at http://www.udrivecars.com/escort-rwd-rally-exp-full-day-gravel
The competition is run by 1st Choice Spares UK Ltd