1st Choice Essay Competition Closed
The judges now have the difficult task of choosing a winner from your fantastic entries. Check back in to see if you have won. We aim to inform the winner by midnight on the 21st February. Fingers crossed, it could be you!
1st Choice is passionate about the recycled car parts market and to that end we are pleased to announce our first ever essay competition. We are looking for engaging stories that can connect and explain to a wide audience the importance of recycling, especially car parts. The essay title is “Why people should use recycled car parts“. The prize is an Apple iPad Mini*.
This is a great opportunity to promote your knowledge and ideas about recycling. It is a free to enter competition. The closing date is midnight 14th February 2013 in Great Britain.
*16GB WiFi connection model.
Guidance for entries:
We would like to see references for certain themes such as recycling, value, cost, and the environment. Don’t feel restricted to just these themes. A well argued and entertaining storey or essay about used car parts is the main thing. To enter this competition, participants must submit their entry via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/1stChoiceSpares
Your submitted storey should be 300 words [+/- 10%] and relate to the subject “Why people should use recycled car parts“.
If you would like some ideas about themes and topics to write about why not have a look at these short articles:
Remember, we only have one planet so let’s not spend it all at once.
Your entry must be in English and be your own work. Your entry must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition.
The winner shall be notified by midnight 21st February 2013 in Great Britain.
- There will be one prize. It will be an Apple iPad Mini, 16GB WiFi connection model.
- The winning entry shall be that which in the sole opinion of the judges makes the most compelling argument “why people should use recycled car parts”. Judges will particularly take into account key messages within the entries, as well as eloquence and style. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over on 1st December 2012 in Great Britain to be eligible for entry.
- The competition is limited to UK & ROI residents only.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- All entries must be received by midnight on 14th February 2013 in Great Britain.
- No payment is required to participate in the competition (whether this is to enter the competition, or to find out if you have won, or to collect a prize).
- All entries must be written in English.
- Entrants may only submit one entry.
- Entries are liable for disqualification on the following criteria:
No date of birth is given.
The Entrant is aged younger than 18 on 1st December 2012 in Great Britain.
The entry is too long or too short in relation to the specified word count.
Evidence found of plagiarism.
- All entries become the property of 1st Choice Spares Ltd with the right to publish.
- Entries will not be returned.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the Entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission or posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- In the event of 1st Choice being unable to contact the winner or of the winner being unable to accept their prize, 1st Choice reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant who, in the opinion of the judges and in accordance with these terms and conditions, is the next best entry.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication. The prize is non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
The competition is run by 1st Choice Spares UK Ltd